Friday 22 June 2007

SAVE OUR SCHOOL

i found out yesterday that the government are trying to close down my eldest daughters school to make way for more houses. both my son who is now 15 and left school and my eldest daughter aged 13 have both been to this school since year 7( average age 10). we moved over the other side of town after me and my husband broke up, but yet they have still endeavoured to leave home at 7.45 every morning to travel to the other side of town, and not getting home until gone 4pm, a very long day, to attend alderman blaxill school, this has been very tiring for them and very expensive for me, as the fact that i chose a different school outside the catchment area(to go to one of the best schools) didnt qualify me for any cheaper bus pass, even though im a single parent with three children. but that didnt matter, i would rather they had a good happy school life than save a few pennies! the evening gazette our local paper and the school itself are looking for any help trying to keep the school going strong. please look on the link below if you would like to add to the petition, thanku!!
alderman blaxill petition

7 comments:

RUTH said...

Shall make sure I sign this.
Rxxx

Akelamalu said...

Good luck with the petition.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hullo!

Yor Mum told me yu wer heer, so I thort I'd nip over wiv a nose-hug.

I'll stik wun on that petishun, too.

Gud luk wiv yor blog. I'm in Colchester too. Do yu ever feed Charlie, the skwirrol at the castle?

My sister will like yor page. It's pink. She has an obsesshun wiv all things pink.

:@}

CG said...

All the best with the fight to save the school!

Anonymous said...

Why not join the Parent's Forum see www.savealdermanblaxill.co.uk

Kev

Leanne said...

thanks kev, i'll be sure to check it out.

Anonymous said...

thanks for bring the schools issues into this area, if anyone would like to get involved the parent and community forum meets every tuesday evening 7pm at the school to fight against the closer we need your help, come and help us fight tell your friends keep blaxill open