Sunday 17 June 2007

HAPPY FATHERS DAY ?

firstly i just want to say happy fathers day to all the dads reading this, i hope you've had a great day. for me, this is the first fathers day without mine. mick my stepdad sadly passed away 10 weeks ago, he'd been diagnosed with a brain tumour back in may 2005, the doctors only gave him 2 months to live, but with strength and courage and alot of love and care from my mum he lived for almost 2 years. i miss him so much! he may of not been my biological dad but he was the kindest, caring, loving man ive ever known, and im so grateful he was part of my life, and always will be. i remember 2 years ago on fathers day when he was still able to walk and talk, me and my sister had bought him a share in his favourite football team..millwall...it was such an emotional day, as we all knew the inevitable was going to happen, and the thought of my life without him in it seemed unbearable. thankfully he saw last fathers day too but by this time he slept most of the time and altho he knew i was there he was unable to do anything except eat. so today, like birthdays christmas and other special days just wont ever be the same. i shed a fare few tears today as me and mum sat in the garden chatting about life when mick was here, it just feels so empty without him

so this post is just to say ... happy fathers day mick!!! in my heart forever x

5 comments:

RUTH said...

now you've got me sobbing again....{{HUGS}} & Love
Mum
x

Sheila said...

Dear Leanne,
I came here by way of your Mum's blog. I know this is a difficult day for you all, it has to be.

I've learned over the last year what a special man Mick was, and how devoted you all were to him.

Wherever he is, he is smiling at your words and have no fear, he knows how much he is loved..
xxx

Akelamalu said...

I came by your's Mum's blog. What a lovely tribute to your step-dad - he must have been a very special man to have instilled such love in you. x

Audrey said...

I have come from your Mum's blog too :) It was a priveledge to come to know just what an extra special man Mick was through your Mums blog, and this is such a loving tribute you have written for him today..

Thinking of you all and yes Im sure Mick is watching over you all and smiling at your words.xx

Peaceful/Paisible said...

My sweetheart, yes your dad is gone, but you've a wonderful mum and now plenty old aunties all over the world...I'm so happy to read you...and will come back to you often...
have a nice day between the showers...
love from Mousie