Monday 2 July 2007

THE TOOTHFAIRY REVISITED

i am so tired this evening, you know how some days you just dont get two minutes to sit down all day, well this has been one of those days. its also due to the fact i didnt get much sleep either last night. my little one melissa has had a wobbly tooth for aslong as i can remember, anyway last night at around 11pm it finally came out! dont ask me how it suddenly fell out at that time of night but it did, and she woke up so excited that now the tooth fairy would visit. so me and melissa went down stairs where she proudly wrote her little note to the fairies, put the tooth in the envelope and tucked it under her pillow. (ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 10 LOOK AWAY NOW) so now its my turn to creep back downstairs, hunt for another envelope completely different to the one melissa used and write back to her in my toothfairy handwriting,(something i learnt of mum years ago) which strangely enough is exactly the same as santa's lol!! put a pound coin in the envelope, yes inflation has risen, and then sneak back upstairs without being seen or heard. i must of finally got to sleep about half midnight, as every time i tried to swop the two envelopes over melissa would stir, and the thought of her catching me at the young age of 6 just doesnt bear thinking about.
so this morning she is a happy bunny because as far as she is concerned the toothfairies came and visited her last night and have taken her tiny little tooth to stand proudly in the toothfairy castle.

7 comments:

RUTH said...

You mean you know it was me who wrote all those envelopes when you were younger!!!!...LOL It warms my heart to see our family traditions passed on. Hope you get more sleep tonight.
{{HUGS}}
Mum
x

CG said...

What a lovely story!! The tooth fairy AND santa both learned to use Microsoft Office in our house some time ago ( I could not manage the disguised handwriting!!) but the tooth fairy arrived for Sian last week after she had 2 teeth pulled at the dentist!!

Akelamalu said...

Aw bless. I used to get sixpence for my teeth. I'm seriously thinking about having all mine out now if you get £1 per tooth!

Mauigirl said...

LOL, the tooth fairy only left me a dime when I was little! (which I guess is about like that sixpence).

My mother's and Santa's writing were too similar - I saw through it early on in life! The tooth fairy, however, did not leave notes, just money. So I may have believed in her longer than Santa!

Audrey said...

This post had me smiling Leanne, I loved the joyful little faces when the tooth fairy and santa had been, these are the times that you look back and remember with fondness later down the years. Melissa was visited by a very special fairy xx Auds

Jenny said...

I'm a regular visitor to your mom's blog but this is my first itme to yours - your tooth fairy story made me smile! we do the same thing - our daughter (age 8) has her own personal tooth fairy who visits her and leaves her notes...my five year old can't wait to get a visit too!

Peaceful/Paisible said...

how many mothers wrote little letters the fairies ways and put coins in enveloppes under pillow-cases...I wonder, we do it in France too...
love to all
Mousie