Wednesday 11 July 2007

MEL'S SPORTS DAY


today its been the annual sports day at mel's school, last year it had been boiling hot and sunny, but this year we stood there shivering! there were doubts it would even go ahead but luckily it stayed dry. she had such alot of fun and the children didnt seem to mind the temperature being so low. her favourite game was with a parachute, all the children hold onto the side and take it in turns to run under it. she also did really well at the running race... although she needed a rest afterwards!


and here she had to use a hockey stick and knock the ball around a course, she did so well, and had such a good time. this time last year she felt so embarrassed with everyone watching her, but what a difference a year can make, she was revelling in all the attention. a good time was had by all and an added bonus...they were allowed home early with an ice lolly.

4 comments:

RUTH said...

Great photos! I'm so glad she enjoyed it. I've been keeping my fingers crossed that it didn't rain. You didn't get roped into a parent's race then!
{{HUGS}}
Mum x

Leanne said...

ha ha no thank goodness! or my bad back may of had to suddenly come on again lol! xx

CG said...

She looks as if she's had a great time. I miss sports day now my kids are at high school!

Audrey said...

Melanie looks as if she is really enjoying herself, such a lovely smile....I miss sports day as well but do try and make it to my grandsons when I can. Great post xx Auds