Thursday 19 July 2007

MY STARRY WEEKEND...PART 1

at last im able to blog about my star filled weekend, my pc's memory card blew so for the last few days my pc has been running so slowly that it takes me almost 20 minutes to get onto the internet, 20 mins seems a long time when ive a hundred and one things to be doing, so i'd given up in the end. im off work now for a couple of days so have the time to let you catch up on my great weekend.


on saturday, me and melissa went with kim and her son tomas to a summer fete near colchester, it happens to be a nursing home that judy finnegan's mum lives at, every year RICHARD AND JUDY open the fete and sign autographs etc. we waited patiently in the queue with the kids, then it was our turn to meet them, they were absolutely lovely, they chatted with us for a couple of minutes and then the kids got a signed autograph and had there photo taken with them. once that was done we visited the individual stalls, and kim and i got hooked on the tombola stall, she ended up winning 3 bottles of wine, some tea bags and a bottle of spring water, me on the otherhand, i ended up with a kids friut shoot drink and a tin of mackerel much to my dismay lol!! i was hoping for the bottle of bacardi, but never mind! the highlight of the day was when we were queueing for the toilets, kim had gone in with tomas which left just me and melissa waiting outside, and who walked up behind us, only richard himself!! so there we were happily chatting about the fete and the weather to one of britains top daytime tv celebrities...very surreal!

2 comments:

RUTH said...

Wow...I've always thought Richard was rather cute....lucky you! Shame you didn't win the bottle of bacardi but at least fruit shoot and mackerel doesn't leave you with a headache the next day! :o)
x

Audrey said...

Wow!! They have a home in Cornwall and Richard apparently powerwalks along the coast beteen Looe and Polperro.. sadly never saw him :(

The last time I won something I was a teenager at a local dance and the prize was a frozen turkey,didnt know what to do with it for the rest of the night..lol

Sounds like a great day and is that sunshine I spot..lol