Wednesday 11 July 2007

A BEGINNERS GARDEN


as some of you may know, my mum is an avid gardener, and has the most beautiful garden ever. this year i've decided to follow in her footsteps and try, i repeat try, to take some pride in my own garden. when i moved into my house 2 years ago, the only plants growing were stinging nettles and the previous tenants had decided to have a bonfire smack bang in the middle of the lawn, it was an absolute tip!! i wish now i'd taken some before and after photos, but at that time i hadnt even heard of a digital camera and never owned a pc or heard of blogging lol! this year i've pulled my finger out and started on my garden. ive painted the fences, dug out some borders and planted some flowers. with a little help fom my mum of course lol!

im so pleased with the results and its a pleasure to sit in my garden now. im just waiting for summer to finally arrive so i can laze in the garden with a glass of wine and admire my handy work.

4 comments:

RUTH said...

Wow it's really filled out since I saw it the other week. Those strawberry plants are doing well under the bird table. Happy Gardening
xxx

CG said...

It's looking good!! I hope we get some warm sunshine soon so you can sit outside and really enjoy it!

Audrey said...

Your garden looks lovely, a glass of wine(or two) some sushine and lots of relaxation sounds perfect..ENJOY!!!

Mauigirl said...

Looks great! Someday I'm sure you'll have a garden like your mother's! Green thumbs must run in your family!