Friday 3 August 2007

A BEARY GOOD DAY

melissa's had a lovely day today, aswell as her pressie's, her birthday treat was to go to BUILD A BEAR , its a new shop in town where you choose your bear skin, fill it with cotton wool, give it a heart and a voice and an official birth certificate and then choose an outfit...or 3...as we did lol!

here she is helping to fill her teddy with magic wool.

and then off to give teddy a quick wash and brush up.



next its time to give teddy a name and then print out her birth certificate....so im pleased to announce.....its a girl and her name is Mallory.

then the best part, choosing the clothes. mum had given mel a voucher to buy an outfit for mallory, so she is now the proud owner of the outfit you see above. aswell as her day clothes we couldnt resist a bikini with matching sandals, and some pj's, dressing gown and slippers.

6 comments:

Shaz said...

I love the name, who chose that? I'll let Melissa into a secret but don't tell anyone else . . . . I have one of those Bears dressed in a cap & gown which shouts "We are so proud of you Mam & Love You" which Andy helped the girls make when I graduated from Uni (I was 33). He's called Harvey & I love him.

Pleased you ALL had a good day x x x x

RUTH said...

Mel sounded so thrilled when I spoke to her....withou letting on that I now know Shaz's secret...I wonder if we could matchmake Mallory and Harvey :o) Thinking about it ...what about B.T.Bear ...he lives quite near you!
Mum x

Shaz said...

Who is this B.T. Bear? Harvey may get jealous! & Ruth, . . . .shhhh he's a secret!

Shaz said...

Just checked out BT Bear. He might be intersted in Georgie's "Brown Bear Barney" !!! . . . .I feel a love story comin' on!

Akelamalu said...

What a great idea! Love the bear.

Audrey said...

A beautiful teddy bear for a beautiful young birthday lady, love the name...Bob T bear has a wonderful game that all bears play its called window sitting, does Mallory play I wonder when Melissa is at school